Canada’s capital may be all fun and games, but it’s never a bad idea to pack one’s bags and escape the hustle-bustle of the city. Hence, if you’re looking for something on similar lines, then this is the article for you. All these places are less than three hours away from the city, hence saving you the problem of travelling far and wide in search of solace.
This is the place to be at for all the shopaholics, and the crystal lovers can head to Wick Witch for some hunt. This place has a ton of pretty places to shop from.
Address: Merrickville, ON
2) Omega Park
Taking a car tour of the park will also help you befriend some furry little animals.
Address: 399 QC-323, Montebello, QC
3) Dark Sky Viewing Area in Erinsville
Gaze at the beauty of the sky during the night at the most southerly part in Ontario. It’s definitely worth a visit for all the stargazers.
Address: 7980 Lennox and Addington County Rd. 41, Erinsville, ON
4) Almonte River park
Wandering around the Almonte river park will help you come cross gorgeous cute little shops that can aid your bug for shopping too.
Address: 14 Bridge St., Almonte, ON
5) Foley Mountain, Westport.
Price: $7 day pass
Address: Foley Mountain Ln., Westport, ON
One can always enjoy the breathtakingly beautiful view of the Rideau waterway some distance away from the attraction point in Foley Mountain Conservation Area.
6) Perth, Ontario
This town has an extremely European appeal to it and is very charming for all visitors. It makes you feel like you’re spending your day in Europe.
Address: Perth, ON
7) South Stormont
One can always pack their bags and travel to this beautiful drive crossing 11 islands. At the time, this particular spot is open for drive-through access with some spots open during the day as well.
Price: Free to drive
Address: South Stormont, ON
8) Bon Echo Provincial Park
Situated in Cloyne, one can always hike to some beautiful points, hire a canoe to see native pictographs, visit beaches, and various other things in this astonishing park.
Price: $2 walk-in fee
Address: 16151 Hwy. 41, Cloyne, ON
9) Prince Edward County
This place is very famous for wineries and beautiful little shops doting it along the way. One main attraction here is Dead People’s Antiques which is definitely worth visiting.
Address: Prince Edward County, ON
10) Brockville, Ontario
The famous tunnel named Brockville railway tunnel has a light and sound show in 2020 which should not be missed.
Price: Free, donations accepted
Address: 1 Block House Island Rd., Brockville, ON
11) Vankleek Hill, Ontario
One can definitely get lost in the 7-acre corn maze, and the best part of it is that there are hidden mailboxes in the corn maze.
Price: $15 per person or $25 for two people
When: Saturdays & Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Address: 63 Main St. W., Vankleek Hill, ON
Nude Beach of Vancouver Has An Exposure Of COVID-19 Notice
Wreck beach may be a hotspot when it comes to basking in the sun, but right now has unfortunately come under the radar of potential Covid19 exposure and is not recommended to visit. According to Vancouver Coastal Health, the nudist-friendly beach has had an exposure recently and also suggested for all the people who have visited it recently to have a close check on how their health is. B.C is also in the middle of a COVID spike, with the patients constituting the curve belonging from the age group of 20-29. This moment requires a lot of monitoring of one’s own health so that others are not in danger as well.
Vancouver has been recently seeing a lot of cases like these where the party goers aren’t really quarantined, however, if Canada somehow strengthens its laws by posing heavier fines, then it is only fair that the curve will eventually get flattened again.
5 Best Indian Restaurants On Gerrard Street, Toronto
Toronto is a beautiful city packed with infinite food options from diverse cuisines. One of the prominent cuisines it offers is South Asian (Indian/Pakistani) Cuisine. You can find too many Indian/Pakistani places all over the city, but do you know which ones are actually authentic? Well! The one simple answer is “Gerrard Street”.
Don’t worry if you are new to the name and don’t know which restaurants to try on Gerrard. The following are 5 must-try restaurants on Gerrard Street.
- Moti Mahal Restaurant – This restaurant offers a wide variety of Indian foods and won’t even hurt your pocket. After trying Chole Bhature in different restaurants, I have come to the conclusion that Moti Mahar in Gerrard street has the yummiest Chole Bhature. I have also consulted other foodies and they agree. The chole taste almost tastes like the ones we use to get on “Thelas” in India. This restaurant also offers the tastiest vegetarian and nonvegetarian curries.
- Desi Burger – This is one of those restaurants where you will always find a queue of people waiting to order. You will love the desi style burger from “Desi Burger”. There are 2 neighboring restaurants with the almost same name and they both offer these amazing burgers along with various other food items. They both offer different kinds of burgers including vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. We also get the one and only “ALOO TIKKI BURGER” there. Well, I like them both, hence, would day try both and choose your favorite.
- Bombay Chowpatty– Indian Street Food appeared extinct to me before I visited “Bombay Chowpatty” in Gerrard Street. The beautiful blend of flavors reminded me of the same street, Vada Pao, we get in Mumbai. Not just Vada Pao, their entire street food section is amazing. I will also add one of the best “Chat Papdi” to their compliments list.
- Lahore Tikka House – You will find this place full almost all the time. Biriani, being one of the famous delicacies of desi cuisine, deserves to be treated with utter respect. And, let me tell you “Lahore Tikka House” has done tremendously in this case. One of the best chicken Biryani you can find in Toronto. As it is obvious in their name, they also serve the most amazing Tikkas in Toronto. And, And, And, if you are lucky enough you will enjoy food with the amazing music playlist they play.
- Udupi Palace – This place is 100% vegetarian and offers an amazing menu for your South-Indian food cravings. You have a plethora of options to choose from their Dosa list and you won’t be disappointed. I always make sure I go and have their “Chai”.
This Patio in Ontario On A River Will Make You Feel Like You’re Dining In Venice
One doesn’t usually come across people who aren’t fond of Italy. Everybody has a niche in their hearts for Italy, ranging from gourmets to backpackers, and rightfully so! However, this season our plans have taken a backseat, but this cafe in Ontario hasn’t.
One can rightfully take a mini-vacation at Ontario’s Mex & Co’s riverside patio where this gorgeous restaurant is picture perfectly situated next to a river, reminding us of our lovely Venice. While the exterior may make you feel like you have a piece of Italy, the food will definitely remind of Mexico. Having such delicacies next to the quaint Tay river is all a peaceful person could ever ask for. It’s a hard task to ignore something as lovely as soft corn tortillas which come in various flavours such as Steak, Tuna poke, Vegetarian Chorizo, and many more! What this place also beautifully harbours is some lip-smacking snacks, such as Avocado toasts, Chilli Lime Dusted Wings, Poutine, etc. This beautiful three-tier patio allows for a dine-in, but one can also take away if one wishes to. A beautiful place nearby this Patio is Stewart Park, which is highly recommended if one loves to wander around. This Patio promises to have such breathtaking views, one can’t help but fall in love with it every time they’d visit it.
From a wide variety of nachos to choose from, one can also resort to tacos and Avocado toasts which are mind-blowing. The quesadillas, burritos, burgers won’t disappoint a soul either. Other than the cafe, the town itself has a lot of European appeal to it and makes you feel blessed. After all, a three-storey patio with some amazing Mexican food is something one wouldn’t really wish to miss! This Patio ought to be in your bucket list whilst travelling to Canada or if you already stay here!
Mex & Co
Address: 55 Gore St E, Perth, ON K7H 1H6
Phone: (613) 264-8182
Life10 months ago
Day 1 at Humber College – Orientation Experience and Getting Lost in the Streets – Blog
Career5 months ago
Around 70,000 Summer Jobs Posted by The Government of Canada
Viral Stories2 months ago
10 Things You May Not Know About Canada’s PM Justin Trudeau
News3 months ago
Tour boats at Niagara Falls shows difference between U.S., Canadian approach to COVID-19
Places3 months ago
Top 10 Patios in Toronto to Hangout
Life1 month ago
Canada’s Top Doctor Suggests To Wear A Mask While Having Sex
Life4 months ago
4 Reasons to Invest in Stocks
News6 months ago
Ontario unveils reopening plans are out : 3 Phrases