Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward towards The Brampton 2040 Vision.
CLERK I - PARKS
Reporting to the Supervisor, Parks Administration , performs clerical, reception and typing duties for Parks Maintenance Section.
- Responsible for the delivery of quality customer service through the efficient operation of the IMS Customer Service system in the electronic recording, dispatching and closing of customer service requests, the telephone/paging/messaging system, and two-way radio communication.
- Provides front desk reception, receiving, sorting and preparing mail for.
- Word processing and composing correspondence.
- Provides support electronic accounts payable and time card data entry functions.
- Acts as back up for clerical staff.
- Records applications and co-ordinates the recruitment of part time seasonal staff.
- Costs monthly stores charges and garage work orders and prepares transfers.
- Meeting coordination, including minute taking, memo distribution…etc.
- Performs other similar and related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Over six (6) months, up to and including one (1) year of experience in office administration
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with databases (IMS).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Contract
Job Type: Union
Weekly rate: $924.00
Applications must be received by July 01, 2020
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above, by July 01, 2020 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate at their own expense to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City of Brampton is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.